Well, I’ve been sick for all of 2017 so far. Which means I’ve been ignoring pretty much everything, including work.
I’m finally on the mend, but boy it hasn’t been fun. For the first time since I joined my company, we have off on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I’m not making it a day of public service this year, but rather a day of service to self. If I don’t get paged, I’m not working. I’m chilling. All day.
Even though I’ve been sick, life is still good. People say to count your blessings, so here goes:
- I’m employed
- I recently won a quarterly award at work
- I was selected for a leadership program at work
- I’ll be done doing double duty at work by the end of February.
- Besides this upper respiratory plague I’ve had, my health is really good, and I confirmed that I am still cured of Hep C. I asked the doctor to run the viral load for my peace of mind. I haven’t been eating like I should or working out like I should but I haven’t gone so far off the reservation that I returned to terrible cholesterol numbers.
- My nephew is back in the Continental US, which means we get to harass each other more.
- My niece is graduating from nursing school in May!
- We’re revamping our podcast and it should be fun.
- I have cars
- I have a house that meets my needs
- … too much else to list
Basically, I’m lucky, and I’m making the most of it.
So life is good, live it!